Answer: When cooking depending on the thing you are cooking. You usually cook for an internal temperate between 145 and 165 Fahrenheit. However it should be noted there are bacterias that have been found to survive temperatures in excess of 400 degrees. That being said well packaged and cared for foods can usually have less cooking than the 145-165 range.
This is why nice restaurants can serve very rare meat, while say Cracker Barrel HAS to cook your food to medium or well done.
Answer: Bland foods are easier to digest, if you are a sick person that has a gastric problem. Nourished foods simply means that are healthier or have added vitamins than the once we consume regularly. We are asked to consume these when we are sick because they give us more energy and vitamins that we need when our bodies are in the process of recuperating. recuperating means to recover.
Answer: To prevent food poisioning, premises are often designed in a linear flow:Back door: products arrived > Sink: Product cleaned > Fridge: Product stored at correct temperature > Preparation area > Cooking Area > Service AreaThe main aim is to prevent cross-contamination amongst products. Also fridges are designed in a way whereby raw meat is stored below ready to eat products such as salad leaves. Any product which is ready to eat is a HIGH-RISK product, and needs to careuflly handled with a food business to prevent contamination.To prevent food spoilage, a premises should be designed to encourage stock rotation, perhaps through adequate storage space.
Answer: It depends on where you live, how often you eat out and what you like to eat. I would advise you to keep track of your food costs for a month. How much do you spend on fast food, restaurants, at the grocery store etc. From there you can figure out your average monthly food costs. Then budget to suit your income.
Answer: There are a number of ways in which food can make you sick.Chemicals, heavy metals, foreign objects, food-infesting insects,parasites, fungi, viruses and bacteria are all possible causes. The greatest, and by far most common risk of becoming ill or dyingfrom food is from contamination with harmful microorganisms,commonly known as germs. The likelihood of becoming seriously illby microorganisms is far greater than that of pesticide risks,environmental contaminants, nutritional imbalances, food additivesand natural toxicants. Microorganisms include bacteria, viruses, molds, and parasites. Ofthe many types of microorganisms, bacteria and viruses are themajor source of foodborne illness cases in most of the world. Microbial food poisonings or foodborne illnesses mainly fall intoone of two categories. The first is foodinfection, where the microorganism itself growsinside your body and is the source of your symptoms. An example ofhtis is Salmonella. The second type is foodintoxication, where a chemical or natural toxin(often produced as a by-product of bacteria present in the food -known as an exotoxin) causes your symptoms or illness. A bacteriaknown to cause intoxication is Staphylocuccos aureus. Most bacterial food poisonings are actually food infections. Thesymptoms of food infection and food intoxication are similar. Bothcan produce food poisoning related symptoms, such as headaches,vomiting, abdominal pain, cramps, diarrhea, dehydration, and so itis not always clear which you are experiencing. Some dangerousbacteria such as Clostridium botulinum can cause death ifa person is not treated immediately.
Answer: it causes food poisiong because the microbes are not good for the body. when it is chewed and goes into the stomach and spreads into tiny particles and burns vigurously. lol i dont know i just made all of that up in my head.
Answer: Have food in the danger zone (40-140 degrees F) for a max of 4 hours, especially high protein foods like meat & dairy. And make sure to wash everything, even if you are peeling it (the knife or cutting board can get bacteria from the peel on them and then transfer it to the food).
Answer: Yes, there is often a period in which there are enoughmicroorganisms to make you sick but not enough to be detectable bythe look, taste, or smell of the food. But eventually those thingswill be affected. One very early warning that usually occurs well before thereare enough microorganisms to make you sick is the surface of thefood develops a "slimy" feel. It is still usually safe to eat suchfood when this just begins, especially if you cook it as themicroorganisms are still only on the surface of the food. But becautious! Note: this does not apply to ground meats and choppedfoods, if they get "slimy" throw them out immediately!