Similar Questions

  • Answer: On AMA the patient and physician should be advised about the existence ofcomputerized data both before and information is stored.
  • Answer: Yes. The Notice of Privacy Practice, by federal law, does nothave to be signed ("acknowledged") in order to receive treatment.Medical practice providers are only required by law to make a goodfaith effort to provide the notice. If a patient declines, theservice provider must document the refusal with a reason why.Additionally, signing said notice does not "mean that you haveagreed to any special uses or disclosures of your healthrecords."
  • Answer: Possibly. When an employee fails to comply with pre-agreed terms (having the drug testing), it may be possible for them to deny payment for treatment. I think the bigger question is why you are refusing to have it done.

    The hospital/doctor ect. can not refuse to give you treatment for a work related injury or any other injury for that matter..However your employer can refuse to pay for your treatment if you refuse a drug screen and then you will be responsible for the cost on your own.They can also immediately terminate your employment for refusal to submit for a drug screen. By refusing a drug screen for a work related injury you can lose all claims for any workers compensation..However If you test positive for the use of drugs or alcohol your employer can also terminate you and refuse to pay for your treatment.
    If you test positive for drugs or alcohol you may also lose all claims to workers compensation.being that you were under the influence and the accident was a direct result of your deliberate and willful impairment.
    So either taking or refusing the drug screen can have the same end results if you were using drugs/alcohol at the time of the accident..
  • Answer: That would depend on the court, but we think it is entirely possible. He is certainly a danger to himself, and probably to those around him. It is, furthermore, doubtful that he would be a good influence on the children, as his judgment -- by definition -- would be continuously impaired.
  • Answer: Depends on the patient and the severity. In normally healthy younger people with mild to moderated cases it can usually be managed outpatient with oral antibiotics. In the very young (infants) and the very old, often due the weakness caused by the infection and the susceptibillity of their bodies to complications they will be treated as inpatients with IV antibiotics and supplemental oxygen. More severe cases in any age patient will require inpatient hospitalization, supplemental oxygen, Iv antibiotics with the potential for full ventilator support. ~MRKM RN LNC
  • Answer: As with all things concerning the law - it can depend on the situation.
    If the person was in an unconscious or severely injured condition, the Good Samaritan laws of all states would protect the medical personnel doing the examination, because the law assumes that most people would want to be saved.
    However, if the patient was sober, articulate, and of sound mind and refused to be examined, to do so could theoretically be chargeable as an Assault.
  • Answer: In most instances a patient can withdraw consent, and a practitioner must respect this wish. However, the withdrawal must be timely. If a practitioner is already in the middle of an irreversible procedure, it may be too late to withdraw consent.
  • Answer: Make them understand the necessity of the treatment,still there is problem,postpone the treatment and document.
  • Answer: You can try to convince somebody to get medical care to someone who refuses to seek it but you can not make them go get medical care cause it is up to them all you can do is try to get them to go but you can not force them to go get some medical care
  • Answer: Not if you are a licensed doctor.
  • Answer: That would depend upon the existing circumstances.A patient who is concious and coherent under most circumstances has the right to refuse to be examined and/or treated by any medical person or institution.In a situation where a person is not able to make such a decision as could happen in an ER admittance, will be examined/treated according to their specific injuries.Generally the hospital or doctor must have a release signed by the person being attended or if a minor a parent(s), guardian or other person with authority or in cases where a person is mentally incompetent it is a "judgment call" as prescribed under existing laws until the legalities can be addressed by the court and/or responsible agency.
  • Answer: Some states presently allow disclosure of the following types of mental health information without patient consent: to other treatment providers, to researchers.
  • Answer: Per HIPPA, disclosure of medical information must be secure and controlled. In this case, if the Doctor is a resident of the hospital where the patient resides, the Doctor is considered a secure and controlled release. It is under a HIPPA rule, a disclosure, but not a violation. A visiting Doctor is not allowed access to patient records without the patient consent.

What should the medical assistant do if a patient refuses to consent to treatment?

  • He/She should terminate (or discharge) the patient.

Add Comment & Answer

Name: *

Answers and Comments