Answer: Cyanide is a controlled substance due to its poisonous nature. You can purchase it online, but the sale of cyanide is controlled and you will be required to provide certain information to the supplier.
Answer: Symbol KCN?Because of the presence of the CN-, and the high reactivity of K+, it is in my option that it would be HIGHLY poisonous.I would not in any way suggest ingestion...but hey, if you can find someone who has survived it...ask them
It is extremely dangerous. Not only to human beings. Most living organisms suffer great adverse effects from this and a quick painfull death is most certain with too much of it.
Cyanide salts are among the most rapidly acting of all known poisons. Cyanide is a potent inhibitor of respiration, acting on mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase and hence blocking electron transport. This results in decreased oxidative metabolism and oxygen utilization. Lactic acidosis then occurs as a consequence of anaerobic metabolism.
However: Sodium Cyanide have been utilized as a drug for cancer (with positive results however some contradictions) Cyanide as in Vitamin B17 may have a most positive effect on cancer and has proven to extend life expectancy in terminal ill patients. Edgar Cayce recommended eating three raw almonds a day (for their cyanide content) as a means of cancer prevention in healthy patients. The theory is that Cyanide found in some kernels (Apricot kernels) is surrounded by sugar. As cancer cells are high consumers of sugar, they eat the sugar and release the cyanide, hence killing them self in this process of being "greedy". We can not dismiss the positive effect of certain poisons when used "correctly". All substances are dangerous in too large quantities. Even water. Botulinum Toxin is so dangerous that only 270 nano grams is enough to kill an adult. Still this toxin have found its way into medical use. "Botox" is injected by many people today so that they can look younger even at an "old" age.
Answer: Cyanide prevents Oxygen from attaching to the Hemoglobin in blood. Even though the person is breathing they are not getting adequate perfusion to the cells. This leads to Hypoxia and eventually cell death ultimatelyorgan failure and patient death.
Answer: Cyanide act as a inhibitor of ETC (electron tranport chain) which ultimately cause the inhibition of production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) i.e. why cyanide work as poison. ------- Cyanide is a deadly poison because it disrupts the cellular respiration, quickly inhibiting the cytochrome C oxydase, an enzyme found in mitochondria - this phenomenon is very important for the oxygenation of the brain.
Answer: Cyanides are fast-acting and can be lethal. Upon exposure, cyanidequickly enters the bloodstream. In small doses, cyanide in the bodycan be changed into thiocyanate, which is less harmful and isexcreted in urine. In the body, cyanide in small amounts can alsocombine with another chemical to form vitamin B12, which helpsmaintain healthy nerve and red blood cells. However, in largedoses, the body cannot convert cyanide into thiocyanate. Largedoses of cyanide prevent cells from using oxygen, which causes celldeath. The heart, respiratory system and central nervous system aremost susceptible to cyanide poisoning.
Answer: Cyanide forms an extremely tight bond with iron. It reacts with the iron in your red blood cells to a point that the cell can no longer carry oxygen, Therefore, you literally suffocate to death in a very short period of time.
Answer: Cyanide is contained in several common foods. Some of those foodsare almonds, spinach, soy, and lima beans. There is no need forconcern, because it would be virtually impossible to eat asufficient quantity of these foods for toxicity to occur.
Answer: Yes, most plants contain cyanic glucoside which the body will then break down into cyanide gas during digestion. Some of us have the ability to taste it, and in turn will spit it out, but not all of us do. To some, it has no taste, so there is no warning(for those who cant taste it) telling them not to eat it.